Saturday, October 10, 2009

A special appeal to PCO's

This is an email I just sent out to our PCO's:

Hi everyone,

I'm not using Constant Contact this time. This is a personal appeal. Our ability to support our platform depends on getting the right people in office, and ensuring the vote goes our way on significant ballot measures. Especially this year. I-1033 could devastate the finances of the state and local governments. There is no way that I can overemphasize how important this is. Everything that we work for, everything that we dream for our kids and our future depends on being active. As PCO's you know that already.

I just stopped by Sylvia's house because I needed some I-1033 literature. It was there waiting for me. All of the literature that we need for this election is there.

There were also a LOT of bags still to be picked up. If you have already picked up the bag for your precinct, thanks so much. If you have not yet, please pick it up this weekend and distribute the literature this week. Ballots are going into the mail, and the numbers from the primary election showed that 30% of people who will vote in an all-mail election fill out their ballot right when they get it and send it in almost immediately. We need to catch that first wave of voters.

If you can do more than just your precinct, that's fantastic. Please do everything you can.

Contact me if you have any questions. Please.

--
Chad Lupkes - http://chadlupkes.blogspot.com
Chair, 46th District Democrats - http://46dems.com

2 comments:

Sarajane46th said...

I couldn't agree more. In the most recent poll, I-1033 was winning with 46%, but 22% were undecided. Our ability to defeat Tim Eyman depends on everyone's talking to their family and friends. Ballots come in the mail this week. In the August primary, 53% were mailed by 8 days before the election. The most popular time to fill them out will be Saturday October 24th. We have no time to lose. For more info go to www.no1033.org

kelstar said...

The League just finished a little animated short on I-1033 about the implications of cutting property taxes. Please share it far and wide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RUqwfVaYPQ