Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Elizabeth Willmott is off to DC!

Dear Friends in the 46th District:

I have not participated in the district's activities for a few months, while my life has been going at 100 miles per hour. By way of explanation, as many of you know, I will be departing for Washington, D.C. on Tuesday, June 23. On Monday, June 29 I will start a new job at the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).

Specifically, I will be the senior program manager for economic recovery funding at HUD. In title I will be the special assistant / deputy director of the Office of Strategic Planning. Every day I will work for the vulnerable communities, families and individuals in our country. It will be an eye-opening and sobering responsibility but I am fired up and ready to go!

I wish that I could have worked more with you, but in the time that we have known one another I have found such inspiration in your deep political commitment and general kindness. Please know that I will take your commitment to social justice and environmental protection with me as motivation in the work ahead.

I will also look forward eagerly to the time I return home and rejoin the community organizing in North Seattle. In the meantime, I will be you in enthusiastic spirit.


Please let me know when you pass through DC. Stay in touch.

With warmest regards,

Elizabeth

(Chair's note: We couldn't be more proud to have one of our own going to Washington DC to help oversee the Change we need to see in the world. I look forward to seeing updates from her, and please feel free to comment on this post to tell her good luck! - Chad)

No comments: